Applying for your mortgage is easier when you’re prepared. Before you meet with your Scotiabank advisor, make sure you have the following documents handy:
For Mortgage Loans:
- Agreement of Sale
- Copy of deed/Certificate of Title
- Copies of lease receipts (if applicable)
- Up-to-date land and building taxes and water rates
- Certificate of Compliance
- Two forms of valid identification (identification card, driver's licence, passport)
- Confirmation of savings/debt
- Job letter
- Recent pay slip
- If self-employed, evidence to support income e.g. financial statements for the last 12 months or more
- Builder’s risk and comprehensive home insurance coverage
For New Construction Loans:
- Approved building plans
- Builder's detailed estimate
- Building contract
- Quantity surveyor's report
Please note, this list may not include everything your specialist requires to complete your application.
Thinking of buying or building a home?
Use our helpful Mortgage Calculators to calculate the mortgage you can afford.