Temporary Changes at San Pedro Branch to Assist Containment of the COVID 19 Virus
March 23, 2020: Scotiabank has announced changes to branch operations in an effort to protect customers and staff against the threat of the COVID 19 virus. Social distancing is being recommended as one of the best ways to slow down or stop the spread of the highly contagious disease.
“We are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers” said Sarah Hobbs, Managing Director, Scotiabank Belize Limited. “We will be limiting the number of customers allowed in our banking halls at any time. Additionally, we will be restricting the services offered in branch to those that cannot be conducted via one of our other channels.”
Changes to San Pedro branch operations
- Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 the branch will open to the public at 8:00 A.M. and close at 12:00 P.M.
- Only transactions that cannot be performed via alternate channels will be permitted for processing in branch. These include but are not limited to: Business Deposits and Customers requiring assistance with credit solutions under our Customer Assistance Program.
- A maximum of 3 customers at a time will be permitted in branch given the limited space and guidelines around social distancing.
In addition to the above, the Bank continues to execute enhanced cleaning, hygiene and sanitization protocols.
In recent years, Scotiabank has been enhancing its alternate channels to allow customers additional choice and convenience. Full service Automated Banking Machines (ABMs) may be used to make cash or cheque deposits or withdrawals. Customers can also make credit card or Scotia loan payments using these machines.
Scotia Online and the new Scotia mobile banking app are also available to customers free of cost, 24 hours per day. Transactions that may conducted using these channels include:
- Bill payment
- Loan payment
- Funds transfer between personal accounts of to any account at a local bank
- Review of account balance and account activity
Scotiabank encourages all customers to take the necessary precautions to safeguard their health and wellbeing as we manage through this difficult time.
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of approximately 100,000 employees and assets of approximately $1.2 trillion (as at January 31, 2020), Scotiabank trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: BNS) and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BNS). For more information, please visit http://www.scotiabank.com and follow us on Twitter @ScotiabankViews
For media inquiries, please contact:
Public Affairs and Communications (Caribbean)