Protect yourself, your family and your community.
Good money is declared, invested, saved, taxed and spent. It is a choice; not because of its dollar value but because of its deeper values.
Already banking with us?
If any of your information has changed, expired or been updated (e.g. your name, address, income) then walk with valid documents such as valid (Passport or Social Security Card) or most recent payslip (depending on the update required).
New to Scotiabank?
Here’s what you need to open your first account with us:
Your Identification: Minimum of one valid form:
- Passport OR Social Security Card.
Your Proof of Address:
- A recent Utility Bill OR Bank Statement OR Tax Assessment
Your Proof of Income / Occupation:
- Job Letter OR last 2 months Pay Slips
- Self-Employed – Proof of income generation in the business name e.g. Bank Statements, Receipt Books, Contracts
If You’re A Foreign Client, in addition to the above:
- A Reference Letter from your Foreign Bank OR Bank Statement
- Your Tax Identification Information
If you are adding joint parties or signatories:
Be sure to walk with their documentation as above
Next visit the branch most convenient to you
Complete and sign all documentation
Collect and pin your card
*Additional documents may be required depending on the nature of your application